Thursday, December 23, 2010

Harry and the Hendersons (1987)

John Lithgow and his family find a bigfoot in the woods! It's possible they think he's dead because I think they strap him to their car. Then they have to hide him in their basement, and he breaks the stairs. Does Lithgow slap the bigfoot at one point? The family definitely makes the bigfoot sad, and then they feel bad because it's like they're not ready for the bigfoot. I think it's a pretty safe bet that they name the bigfoot Harry, and I have a real bad feeling that they name him that because it sounds like hairy. (This movie should be called Esau and the Hendersons. Anybody with me??) Because there's got to be a bad guy in this movie, I'm assuming that either a scientist or a hunter is on their tails. At the moment I'm picturing Eugene Levy in either Splash or Gooby—either one will do. I think Harry's head goes through the roof of a station wagon, although that might just have been from the one-sheet.

This movie looks GOOD.

1 comment: